Last updated: 08 July 2017
Collection of information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive feature of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a community or forum discussion, complete an exchange transaction, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, National Insurance / social security number or other government ID number, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, certain virtual currency information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically
When you use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect anonymous information about you, including:
- Log information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies
We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits, manage the registration process for accounts, remember your site preferences, retain certain information to process orders for exchange transactions, and retain information to provide you with support. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to social media platforms and publicly available sources.
Use of information
Cryptosaurus is based in the United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by English law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the UK and other countries.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- send you promotional offers and other marketing material;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of information
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Cryptosaurus or others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
While no online or electronic system is guaranteed to be secure, we take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please refer to our specific Data Protection policy for more information.